Определен новый вид эретмодуса E. marksmithi - Новостная лента - Форум Cichlids.RU Перейти к содержанию

Определен новый вид эретмодуса E. marksmithi

Рекомендуемые сообщения

A New Name in Eretmodus

By Ad Konings

A new Eretmodus species has been described and the author, Warren Burgess, named it after Mark Smith, the world renowned photographer of The Nude Female Figure. The description was published simultaneously in English and in Polish in the magazine “Tanganika Magazyn”. I can’t read Polish but I hope they mentioned that only the English version is to be regarded as the proper description, else we have a problem referring to it. Although it is mentioned that the types of the new species were collected at Makombe in Burundi, there is no date or name of the collector(s) given. The photo of a live specimen that accompanies the description shows a specimen of what Patrick Tawil calls Eretmodus sp. ‘ubwari’ although Burgess claims that his new species represents what I have been referring to as Eretmodus sp. ‘north’. Both these species are recognized as valid on this site. I suspect that the types were not collected

by the author or by Mark Smith, but obtained via the aquarium hobby. Patrick Tawil (pers. comm.) tells me that he has seen both species in shipments from Burundi and therefore concludes that both species are found sympatrically. I’m a little less certain about this assumption since I have dived at Makombe and only noticed one species of Eretmodus, i.e. E. sp. ‘north’. Both Patrick and I agree that the type series of E. marksmithi very likely consists of two species and it will be up to others to find out what actually represents this species..

Burgess, Warren. 2012. "A New Species of Goby Cichlid of the Genus Eretmodus, E. marksmithi, (Pisces: Cichlidae) from the Northern Part of Lake Tanganyika". Tanganika Magazyn. v. 12, pp. 23-31 (crc04601)

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.
Примечание: Ваш пост будет проверен модератором, прежде чем станет видимым.

Гость
Ответить в этой теме...

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Вставить как обычный текст

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...